Lauries Kitchen

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Catching up!

My goodness it's been a while since I posted! I've been really busy, taking people places this summer--No, Grace still doesn't want to drive....We are trying not to force her, but even she admits her days of not driving "are numbered."  JoGail had her tonsils out abut a week and a half ago. She's done great! She only cried once with the pain, and is pretty much back to her old self and eating whatever she wants! She has drank a lot of tea this summer. She says its her drink of choice. She's gearing up to go on the church's youth road trip next week. Grace is busy working out and going to the local community college. She just finished her speech class so she now has 3 college hours! Coy and I can't believe she is already at this stage in her life! Last I heard she was leaning towards going to college at Tarleton. She has been there for regionals and loves it. Last I heard she wants to be an English teacher (I know). Of course, all this is subject to change! Coy has been busy getting his summer things done at work. The summers seem to really fly by. I took a position with the Henderson County Coop, so I'll start there in August. I'm going to miss all my Mabank people, though. I have truly developed some deep friendships there.

Mom and Dad are pretty much settled back in Amarillo, so it you go through there let them know. They would love for people to visit. Missy has done an excellent job getting them settled and into a sort of routine.

Our absolute favorite baked chicken this summer is chicken that has been marinated in Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Dressing. I can only find it at WalMart. It makes a great gravy when you bake it. MeeMoo put us on to this little gem. She brushes it on tortillas  and then add meat. She rolls it up and cuts them into slices. The kids love it. Of course, there's not much MeeMoo makes that the kids don't devour!

I fried eggplant for the first time the other night. It was really good. I have been frying my veggies in coconut oil and I love it. There is hardly any grease on them. Coy's sister, Judy put us on to that!

I've been making buttermilk pies this summer. Seems everyone likes them and they are super easy to make!

Coy and I have been working out together for about 4 weeks. It kills--absolutely kills me. But the fat shredder routine is a good way for me to start. No major (or minor for that matter) weight loss yet-I keep telling Coy it won't happen but we will see) Of course I can't do the whole 3 sets yet; Coy barely can. It's a killer for sure. I think he found it in the Men's Health magazine. I have been making myself work outside a lot this summer as well. So when I go to bed at night I am really tired.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!

~Laurie

0 comments: